Thursday, September 9, 2010

how to re words this?

how to re words this?
When I entered high school I had high expectations to get good grades and be a good football player and wrestler. I started my freshman year excelling in academics and in athletics. I started both ways for football playing receiver and corner. My freshman team ended up winning our division and going 8-2. I then entered wrestling which I have never played before in my life. I noticed that I was becoming pretty good at being a wrestler and took the varsity spot. As a freshman I got to wrestle in CIF duals. I ended my freshman year feeling good about my academics and athletics. As I entered my sophomore year I then entered varsity football and was in a fight to get into the starting offense on varsity as a sophomore. For some reason my focus shifted to athletics and that was all I was focused on. I ended up starting at receiver for the varsity squad. I had a good year of wrestling but my grades completely slipped and I had an embarrassing GPA that I will forever regret getting. So going into junior year I decided to get back on track noticing that grades has to be a number 1 priory in order to get into college. I still played varsity football but this time started both ways playing receiver and corner. At the end of the football season my grades were back up to where I wanted them to be and I decided to stop wrestling to focus more on football and mainly my grades for college. I had an excellent junior year and now it is my senior year. This year I am leading my football team by being a captain and a mentor to the younger guys. I now know that I am an adult and need to start acting like one by not taking my senior year off. I am a guy that is extremely focused and know what I want. If football doesn't work out for me I know that my grades will guide me into a good college. I am currently taking my forth year of math and third year of science and I am hoping this will be my best year academically and football wise. I am a senior at Palos Verdes Peninsula high School, one of the elite high schools in California. I now know I need to start being a mature responsible adult and the first step to that is getting good grades for my last year of high school to get into college.
Words & Wordplay - 1 Answers - 2009-03-31 23:07:57

Best Answer
When I first entered high school, I had high expectations for myself. I expected to get good grades, as well as to excel in athletics. As a freshman, I was off to a good start in both fields. I was given multiple athletic opportunities not afforded to many freshman. In football, I started as both a receiver and a corner. That year, my school's team won our entire division. Then, I tried out for and made the wrestling team, and I was offered a spot as a varsity wrestler. I ended my ninth grade year excelling in both athletics and academics. As I entered my sophomore year, my focus shifted more towards sports, and all else was abandoned. I again excelled in both football and wrestling, but my grades left much to be desired. I knew that I would have to spend my last two years in high school cleaning up after my scholastic mess of a sophomore year, so that I could get into a good college. As a junior, I started as both a reciever and a corner in football, but I decided to let wrestling go, so that I would have more of myself to devote to my academics. I was able to do a complete turn-around my junior year, and I now feel like I am back on the right track with where I am headed. Now, as a senior at Palos Verdes Peninsula High School, one of California's elite high schools, I am a captain and a mentor to the younger football team members. I am aware of what I want and am doing what it takes to get it. I now realize that I am an adult, and I cannot slack off academically just because it is my senior year. The first step towards being recognized as a responsible adult will be getting good grades for this last year of high school so that I will be accepted into the college of my choosing, not just the college that chooses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment