Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pretty much hate how much of society is formed?

Pretty much hate how much of society is formed?
Today I was at my intraschool swimming carnival and I always hated that, but this year I began to further understand as I sat there and went insane. Firstly, we are put in to priories (houses/factions) and as one might guess swim against each other. Now I hate proffesional competitive sports in the first place as I find it boring and a waste of time, but the whole thing seemed overly competitive. A teacher told me "It's about building team spirit." I didn't see it that way. We're a pretty nice community as a school and we've chosen who we like and such and enjoy it, but we are forced into these groups we don't choose and forced to compete against each other. It's like if you split up a family into 2 groups and tell them to fight each other to the death. The whole thing is pointless anyway. Nobody gets anywthing for winning, which I suppose isn't too bad. But anyway, people try to force you into it and if you don't swim, you are forced to cheer. Why would I support these people I feel nothing for? I was incredibly bored and angry and we weren't even allowed to read or listen to music. I seem to have missed my point and gone overlong, but I'm sure you can make connections to society as a whole. Just very competitive, seperated and restricted basically. Why does everything have to be like this?
Sociology - 1 Answers - 2010-03-04 00:36:19

Best Answer
its the oligarchs way - divide and rule. I lived and worked for many years in a workers co-operative which is like a family - some of us were interested in trying co-operative games but some of us found them really boring and weak. pointless. Its hard to find a way through. Now I think that competition shouldn't be imposed but neither should it be denied those who want it. I have strong competitive streak but don't have any accompanying status hang ups I'd be happy to lose any game, I just like having running mates as helps me get the best out of myself and I enjoy the process of striving, along with others. I can empathise with your plight of being made to do this - basically society is based on being co-erced to do what doesn't really feel right,but there are alternative lifestyles out there if you look .

No comments:

Post a Comment